




I told my little boy that I was not happy he was turing 6. I've said that every year since he turned 2, I think. The truth is...he's grown up sooooo fast. Next year he starts 1st grade! Where has my baby gone? Here is the spotlight I wrote that was read in primary today:
"We love our A... He has been a very happy and active child since the day he was born. Literally. The child never napped and barely slept a wink at night! Always a ball of energy. A loves to sing and dance. He's pure entertainment to his family and whoever else crosses his path. A loves going to kindergarten and enjoys playing with all of his friends there, who are also his friends at church. A is also a very good swimmer and enjoys doing canon balls into his community pool. He is also a great reader and loves to read all by himself. A really loves and looks up to his big sister, T. Whever he's out shopping with mom, he always looks for things to buy for her. A is also a snuggler and likes to have "cuddle parties" with his mom in her bed. He is a good helper around the house and especially enjoys playing with his new dog Tonka. A is a very special child of God and his family loves him sooooooo much!"
A has enjoyed a week of celebration. He was the "star of the week" at school and got to share a special stuffed animal every day at school. He also brought in his favorite book to share along with some treats to share with the class. On Saturday he enjoyed a party with his closest friends at Chuck E Cheese. I really wanted his party at the pool this year, but they are all currently closed for various reasons. I even tried to talk him into doing a party at our house, but he really wanted Chuck E Cheese....again. The first time was for his 4th birthday. Anyway, like last time, he and his friends had a great time. I feel truly blessed that A has made some real special friends here. He truly feels loved. Today, he picked pancakes for breakfast and opened a gift from his sister before we all went to church. Grandma and Grandpa Garcia were also here to celebrate his big day. After church, we had a barbecue, then cake and presents. A great day! Thank you all who have loved our special boy.
9 comments:
Happy Happy Birthday to your baby boy! I love the pic with you and him, so cute! I know and totally understand it being hard to watch your baby grow up so fast, it's true, they do grow up way to fast! Where does the time go!
Happy Birthday Asher!!!!!!
Happy birthday to your sweet boy! He has gotten to be so handsome! Watch out ... ;)
Happy Birthday cute boy!
Happy Birthday Asher
Melissa-
I honestly can NOT believe it has been 6 whole years! He is so totally darling! Happy Birthday to Asher!
thanks for sharing A's birthday! He IS a special boy and brings joy everytime he comes into our home!
Happy Birthday to Asher! Wow, I can't believe he is 6! Time really does fly. I wish we could make is slow down sometimes.
6 yrs old...happy birthday, asher. bet you can't wait for 1st grade.
Post a Comment